Your smile is one of your most distinguishing and expressive features. If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your smile, you may require more than one specific cosmetic dentistry procedure to achieve the smile you envision. Dr. Robert Veligdan can provide you with a complete smile makeover at his comfortable Manhattan practice, combining a number of treatments to give you an entirely new and beautiful smile. To learn more about what a smile makeover can do for you, contact us today.
A Customized Plan
Dr. Veligdan tailors each smile makeover to the patient's individual needs and expectations. During your initial consultation, you will spend quality time with the doctor, discussing your concerns and goals, and your treatment options for achieving the smile you wish to have. During this first appointment, Dr. Veligdan will examine your teeth and gums to determine whether restorative or general dentistry treatments need to be administered before continuing with the smile makeover. For example, if you suffer from gum disease or severe tooth decay, these issues should be corrected first.
Commonly Combined Treatments
There are several different combinations of treatments that can help you achieve the unforgettable smile you have always wanted. The fundamental elements of a smile makeover are:
- Invisalign®: Instead of relying on traditional metal brackets, Invisalign® employs clear, removable mouthpieces that gradually guide your teeth into alignment.
- Teeth Whitening: Bright white teeth are a classic characteristic of a beautiful smile. We offer both in-office and take-home treatments that can lighten your teeth by several shades.
- Porcelain Veneers: If the minor imperfections in your teeth such as chips, cracks, discoloration or uneven spacing are not severe enough to warrant braces or Invisalign®, porcelain veneers can effectively conceal these conditions to achieve an incredible overall enhancement.
- Dental Crowns: These tooth-shaped prosthetics are custom-crafted to fit over a tooth that has been treated for damage or decay.
- Inlays and Onlays: Like crowns, these restorations support a tooth after portions have been removed. Inlays and Onlays are precision-crafted to fill a void resulting from the removal of decay.